RoWrite Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and a legal U.S. citizen.
- HOW TO ENTER: The sweepstakes runs from 5:00 AM CT, Monday, July 23, 2018 through Friday, July 27, 2018 at 8:00 AM CT (the “sweepstakes Period”). Enter sweepstakes by visiting Facebook.com/MorningDoseTV and completing the entry form.
Entries containing technical or electronic reproductions or attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Entries will not be acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. Participation in the Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- WINNER SELECTION: Entries from each participating market will be combined into a single entry pool. After the close of the Sweepstakes Period potential winners will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules, information for the winners will be provided to “Second Street” and Tribune Media. Morning Dose is responsible for fulfillment. Prizes are provided by Entertainment Marketing Group (EMG.) Prizes will not be awarded, even if announced, to a selected winner if he/she is not eligible in accordance with these Official Rules. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen items. It will not be replaced in the event that happens.
- PRIZES: Five (5) winners will receive a RoWrite Pad. Prize is non-transferable and has no cash equivalent. Winner is responsible for all taxes on prizes. One prize per person or household. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. No substitute prizes are available; however, Sponsor may, at their discretion, substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Contest, including the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or canceled, the Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email or telephone. Winner must respond within 72 hours after Morning Dose attempts initial notification or be subject to disqualification. If winner: (i) does not respond within 72 hours, (ii) is determined to be ineligible by Sponsor for any reason, or (iii) otherwise fails to comply with or meet the requirements of the Official Rules, Winner shall be disqualified and another entry may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS: Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Tribune Media, Entertainment Marketing Group, members of their immediate family, or to employees or immediate family members of any of their affiliated companies, licensees, advertising, promotional agencies, or any other entity involved in the creation, promotion or execution of this Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Entities”). Winner must live in the Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, Philadelphia, DC, Quad Cities or Portland, OR television market.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use by the Sweepstake Entities of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication and for any purpose (including advertising and promotional purposes), without further compensation, notice, review or approval. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, EMG, Tribune Media, Dose, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related or prize-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and prize delivery. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes. Winners may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving their prize; failure to sign and return any such required forms within the timeframe designated by Sponsor may result in disqualification and forfeiture of any prize. Winners assume all applicable tax liability for their prize and may be required to complete an IRS Form W9 in order to receive any prizes valued at more than $600. By entering, each entrant agrees and acknowledges that prize is offered “as is” and prize carries no warranty other than offered by the manufacturer. Sponsor makes no representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the prize, including but not limited to, the quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness of the prize.
- FRAUD, FORCE MAJEURE, AND PRIVACY: If for any reason, this giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will determine the winner by randomly selecting the winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the Sweepstakes termination. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE GIVEAWAY. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
- RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Morning Dose ATTN: Shane Allen, 8001 W. John Carpenter Freeway, Dallas, TX 75247. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the same address.
- SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored by EMG Promotions.
- This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Texas law, excluding choice of law provisions. Any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal and state courts located in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas and entrants consent to mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction with respect to any such legal proceeding.